In this article we will look at:
- How is radiofrequency for fat reduction performed?
- Are there any side effects of radiofrequency for fat reduction?
- Are there any treatment guidelines to be followed before and after undergoing a radiofrequency procedure for fat reduction?
- How many sessions of radiofrequency will I need for fat reduction?
- How long will it take to recover from a radiofrequency procedure for fat reduction?
- Am I an ideal candidate for a radiofrequency procedure for fat reduction?
- What is the cost of radiofrequency treatment for fat reduction in India?
- Are the results of radiofrequency permanent?
- More Related Topics
You can click on any of the links above to navigate to the section of your interest.
How is radiofrequency for fat reduction performed?
Radiofrequency is often used by dermatologists on patients who have areas of excessive fat on their bodies. It involves applying controlled heat on your fat cells, causing them to die without affecting the surrounding muscle or skin.
This procedure not only decreases fat but also stimulates collagen production, which helps to tighten loose skin.
Are there any side effects of radiofrequency for fat reduction?
You may experience temporary side effects such as:
- mild redness
- tissue tenderness
These side effects though are rare. On the whole, this treatment is non-painful.
Are there any treatment guidelines to be followed before and after undergoing a radiofrequency procedure for fat reduction?
- Prior to the treatment, and even after the treatment you will be asked to stop smoking and drinking alcohol for a few days
- You will be advised to avoid dehydrating activities such as aerobics, power yoga, and any strenuous physical activity
- You will need to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water 2-3 days prior to and post the treatment
How many sessions of radiofrequency will I need for fat reduction?
For optimum results, doctors usually advise 3 to 6 weekly sessions.
How long will it take to recover from a radiofrequency procedure for fat reduction?
The biggest advantage of this procedure is that it has no downtime. You can rejoin work immediately. The results are visible to few after the first two sessions. For some people, it may take up to 6 sessions.
Am I an ideal candidate for radiofrequency procedure for fat reduction?
You are an ideal candidate for radiofrequency treatment if:
- you are healthy, have a good shape with marked pockets of unwanted fat that do not respond to exercise and do not necessarily require surgery
- you are not pregnant or nursing
- you are not obese
- you do not have any metal implants, which are active in your body such as a pacemaker, defibrillator, cochlear implant, or diabetic pump. And if you have removed any such implants, it is advisable to let your doctor know in advance.
What is the cost of radiofrequency treatment for fat reduction in India?
The price of radiofrequency for fat reduction in India is between Rs.20000 to Rs.30000.
Are the results of radiofrequency permanent?
Results are considered to be permanent in the areas that have been treated. However, if you do not maintain your weight, chances are the fat will start accumulating in other areas which might not be very appealing.
A reasonable diet coupled with a consistent level of physical activity which includes exercising will guarantee permanent optimal results.
More Related Topics
People interested in this topic also see:
- Fat Reduction Overview: Procedures, and Cost
1. Mulholland R. Non-Surgical Body Contouring: Introduction of a New Non-Invasive Device for Long-Term Localized Fat Reduction and Cellulite Improvement Using Controlled, Suction Coupled, Radiofrequency Heating and High Voltage Ultra-Short Electrical Pulses. 2018. Available at: https://www.omicsonline.org/nonsurgical-body-contouring-introduction-of-a-new-noninvasive-device-for-longterm-localized-fat-reduction-2155-9554.1000157.php?aid=8531. Accessed March 1, 2018.
2. Barta R, Hillard C, Bernstein D, Betker M, Heinrich C. Radio Frequency Therapy (Vanquish) Noninvasive Body Sculpting for Reduction of Abdominal Fat. 2018. Available at: https://journals.lww.com/plasreconsurg/fulltext/2015/10001/Radio_Frequency_Therapy__Vanquish__Noninvasive.177.aspx. Accessed March 1, 2018.
3. Kennedy J, Verne S, Griffith R, Falto-Aizpurua L, Nouri K. Non-invasive subcutaneous fat reduction: a review. 2018. Available at: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jdv.12994/abstract. Accessed March 1, 2018.
4. Dong Hye Suh, Chang Min Kim, Sang Jun Lee, Hyunjoo Kim, Suk Keu Yeom, Hwa Jung Ryu. Safety and efficacy of a non-contact radiofrequency device for body contouring in Asians. 2018. Available at: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14764172.2016.1256486. Accessed March 1, 2018.
Questions answered by trusted doctors
Did you know?
Muscle building burns body fat
It is not possible to turn your body fat into muscle. Fat is fat and muscle is muscle—you can't magically turn one into the other by lifting weights or doing cardio. However, weight training is the easiest way to control the shape of your body. The more muscle you have, the more fat your body will burn.
Very low fat levels are not healthy
Fats are responsible for hormone production, joint lubrication, and many other important health and muscle-building factors. Having very low fat levels could compromise your health and your goals. Everyone's body and metabolism is unique, therefore it is crucial to know how many grams of healthy fat you need to eat for a balanced nutrition regimen.
Breasts are composed entirely of fats
Female breasts are composed almost entirely of fat which is one reason why, when dieting, they tend to reduce in size long before you lose the wobble elsewhere!
Breast augmentation/enhancement surgery is a procedure which increases or restores the size of breasts using fillers such as silicone gel implants, saline implants, and in some cases through fat transfer.
In Laser Skin Resurfacing treatment for acne a laser beam is used to dissolve damaged skin tissue, layer by layer, until a uniform and smooth skin texture is achieved.
A century old mechanical method of getting rid of acne scars, dermabrasion is an outpatient surgical process.