In this article we will look at:
- What is cryolipolysis?
- Are there any side effects of cryolipolysis?
- Are there any post-treatment guidelines for cryolipolysis?
- How many sessions of cryolipolysis will I need?
- How long will it take to recover after undergoing a cryolipolysis session?
- Am I an ideal candidate for cryolipolysis?
- What is the price/cost of cryolipolysis treatment in India?
- Are the results of cryolipolysis permanent?
- More Related Topics
You can click on any of the links above to navigate to the section of your interest.
What is cryolipolysis?
Cryolipolysis is a procedure, which is acclaimed to be very safe and uses cooling technology to freeze the stubborn fat in your body. The cooled cells then begin to shrink and over a course of a few months get disposed off from the body through the liver.
Since fat cells are not known to regenerate, the improved shape of the body can be expected to last a lifetime.
This procedure is especially effective to do away with fat bulges in upper and lower abdomen (tires), the flank areas (love-handles), the upper arms, and inner thighs. It can also treat various areas of the face including the chin.
Are there any side effects of cryolipolysis?
You may experience temporary side effects while undergoing the procedure and after:
- intense cold
- tingling sensation
- stinging sensation
These side effects are however considered trivial and are usually well tolerated. They usually last for a period of twelve days or a month or two depending on the area being treated and the patient.
Are there any post-treatment guidelines for cryolipolysis?
After the treatment, it is advisable to eat a healthy diet, drink lots of water and supplement it with regular exercise to maintain an ideal weight. Other than that there are no specific guidelines as this is a simple procedure.
How many sessions of cryolipolysis will I need?
The number of treatments required varies from patient to patient. Usually, patients lose around 20% of the fat after the first treatment in a targeted area. Many patients do not feel the need for more sessions after that, for that area.
If you require more treatments, it is advisable to schedule a second treatment at least a month after the first session.
How long will it take to recover after undergoing a cryolipolysis session?
The full effect of a session of Cryolipolysis becomes visible after 2-4 months. Changes are usually visible after 2 weeks. There is virtually no set recovery period after a Cryolipolysis treatment as you can rejoin work immediately after a session.
Am I an ideal candidate for cryolipolysis?
You are an ideal candidate for cryolipolysis, if:
- you possess a relatively good shape, marred by some areas of stubborn fat bulges, which do not respond to exercise, or a healthy diet and also do not necessarily require surgery
- you are not pregnant or nursing
- you are not prone to severe bleeding tendencies
- you are not obese
- you do not have active implants in your body such as pacemaker, defibrillator, cochlear implant, or diabetic pump
- you do not suffer from coronary heart disease, or circulatory problems
What is the cost/price of cryolipolysis treatment in India?
Cost of cryolipolysis for fat reduction can vary depending upon the city/locality, clinic/hospital type & amenities, experience of the provider, the technology & material used, body area for treatment etc.
Please consult your doctor to get the exact treatment plan and price quote suiting your unique needs.
Are the results of cryolipolysis permanent?
Results are considered to be permanent in the areas that have been treated. However, if you do not maintain your weight, chances are the fat will start accumulating in other areas which might not be very appealing.
A reasonable diet coupled with a consistent level of physical activity which includes exercising will guarantee permanent optimal results.
More Related Topics
People interested in this topic also see:
- Fat Reduction Overview: Procedures, and Cost
1. Sadick N, Luebberding S, Mai S, Krueger N. Cryolipolysis for noninvasive body contouring: clinical efficacy and patient satisfaction. 2018. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4079633/. Accessed March 1, 2018.
2. Bernstein E. Long-term efficacy follow-up on two cryolipolysis case studies: 6 and 9 years post-treatment. 2018. Available at: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jocd.12238/full. Accessed March 1, 2018.
3. Rae Lee K. Clinical Efficacy of Fat Reduction on the Thigh of Korean Women through Cryolipolysis. 2018. Available at: https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/clinical-efficacy-of-fat-reduction-on-the-thigh-of-korean-women-through-cryolipolysis-2165-7904.1000203.php?aid=21526. Accessed March 1, 2018.
4. Selezneva G Using Cryolipolysis to Treat Fat. Aesthetics Journal. Aesthetics. 2018. Available at: https://aestheticsjournal.com/feature/using-cryolipolysis-to-treat-fat. Accessed March 1, 2018.
Questions answered by trusted doctors
Did you know?
Muscle building burns body fat
It is not possible to turn your body fat into muscle. Fat is fat and muscle is muscle—you can't magically turn one into the other by lifting weights or doing cardio. However, weight training is the easiest way to control the shape of your body. The more muscle you have, the more fat your body will burn.
Very low fat levels are not healthy
Fats are responsible for hormone production, joint lubrication, and many other important health and muscle-building factors. Having very low fat levels could compromise your health and your goals. Everyone's body and metabolism is unique, therefore it is crucial to know how many grams of healthy fat you need to eat for a balanced nutrition regimen.
Breasts are composed entirely of fats
Female breasts are composed almost entirely of fat which is one reason why, when dieting, they tend to reduce in size long before you lose the wobble elsewhere!
Mesotherapy involves injecting microscopic quantities of a variety of pharmaceutical agents, extracts of plants, homeopathic agents, and vitamins into the mesoderm, which is the layer of fat and tissue beneath your skin.
Liposuction is a surgery, which removes fat from marked areas in the body.
Photodynamic therapy also known as Blue Light therapy is a relatively new procedure and is especially reserved for moderate to severe acne cases.