In this article we will look at:
- What is mesotherapy?
- Are there any side effects of mesotherapy for fat reduction?
- Are there any post-treatment guidelines after undergoing mesotherapy for fat reduction?
- How many sessions of mesotherapy will I need for fat reduction?
- How long will it take to recover from a session of mesotherapy for fat reduction?
- Am I an ideal candidate for mesotherapy for fat reduction?
- What is the price/cost of mesotherapy for fat reduction in India?
- Are the results of mesotherapy for fat reduction permanent?
- More Related Topics
You can click on any of the links above to navigate to the section of your interest.
What is mesotherapy?
Currently, there is a dearth of rigorous scientific studies to prove the safety and efficacy of Mesotherapy as a treatment for fat reduction. Mesotherapy, in fact, is used for a host of other issues, such as hair loss and pain management, among others.
Mesotherapy involves injecting microscopic quantities of a variety of pharmaceutical agents, extracts of plants, homeopathic agents, and vitamins into the mesoderm, which is the layer of fat and tissue beneath your skin.
Based on your specific requirement, the physician may select a custom formula to treat you.
There is also a no-needle mesotherapy procedure, which is totally non-invasive and uses ultrasound technology to push the ingredients under your skin.
There is no anesthesia involved, though it is provided on request on the areas to be treated.
The injected medicines break down the fatty cells, which the body naturally flushes out later as waste.
Mesotherapy can treat unwanted fat on the face, chin, neck, arms, waist, buttocks, thighs, and legs. It is also claimed that mesotherapy can treat wrinkles.
Are there any side effects of mesotherapy for fat reduction?
You may experience soreness, redness, bruising, and swelling on the treated areas after a mesotherapy session. These usually subside within a few days.
On rare occasions, there is also the risk of allergic reaction to the injected ingredients, which may be severe.
Are there any post-treatment guidelines after undergoing mesotherapy for fat reduction?
This treatment has no strict guidelines whatsoever.
How many sessions of mesotherapy will I need for fat reduction?
The number of treatments required varies from patient to patient, as it depends on the patient’s body. Some patients may see the results after one treatment session, for others it may take four to five sessions.
How long will it take to recover from a session of mesotherapy for fat reduction?
This procedure takes around 30 minutes and requires no preparation or recovery time.
You can rejoin work immediately after a session.
Am I an ideal candidate for mesotherapy for fat reduction?
You are an ideal candidate for mesotherapy if you are otherwise healthy and have pockets of bulging fat, which do not respond to exercise and proper diet.
Mesotherapy is not advisable for you if you:
- are obese
- have a history of cancer, thyroid problems, diabetes, heart disease, immune and circulatory system disorder
- have active implants such as a pacemaker, defibrillator, cochlear implant, or diabetic pump.
Non-needle mesotherapy is not advisable for epileptic patients and patients with active implants. It is also not effective for treating loose or hanging skin.
What is the price/cost of mesotherapy for fat reduction in India?
Cost of mesotherapy can vary depending upon the city/locality, clinic/hospital type & amenities, experience of the provider, the technology & material used, body area for treatment etc.
Please consult your doctor to get the exact treatment plan and price quote suiting your unique needs.
Are the results of mesotherapy for fat reduction permanent?
Results are considered to be permanent in the areas that have been treated. However, if you do not maintain your weight, chances are the fat will start accumulating in other areas which might not be very appealing.
A reasonable diet coupled with a consistent level of physical activity which includes exercising will guarantee permanent optimal results.
More Related Topics
People interested in this topic also see:
- Fat Reduction Overview: Procedures, and Cost
1. Mahmud K, Crutchfield CE, Lipodissolve for Body Sculpting Safety, Effectiveness, and Patient Satisfaction 2018. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3486781/. Accessed March 1, 2018.
2. Wanitphakdeedecha R. Mycobacterium Abscessus Skin Infection Following Mesotherapy for Fat Reduction: A Case Report | Siriraj Medical Journal. Tci-thaijoorg. 2018. Available at: https://www.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/sirirajmedj/article/view/64491. Accessed March 1, 2018.
3. Sivagnanam G. Mesotherapy - The French connection. 2018. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3142757/. Accessed March 1, 2018.
4. 12. DUNCAN D, HASENGSCHWANDTNER F. Lipodissolve for subcutaneous fat reduction and skin retraction. 2018. Available at: https://academic.oup.com/asj/article/25/5/530/196438. Accessed March 1, 2018.
Questions answered by trusted doctors
Did you know?
Muscle building burns body fat
It is not possible to turn your body fat into muscle. Fat is fat and muscle is muscle—you can't magically turn one into the other by lifting weights or doing cardio. However, weight training is the easiest way to control the shape of your body. The more muscle you have, the more fat your body will burn.
Very low fat levels are not healthy
Fats are responsible for hormone production, joint lubrication, and many other important health and muscle-building factors. Having very low fat levels could compromise your health and your goals. Everyone's body and metabolism is unique, therefore it is crucial to know how many grams of healthy fat you need to eat for a balanced nutrition regimen.
Breasts are composed entirely of fats
Female breasts are composed almost entirely of fat which is one reason why, when dieting, they tend to reduce in size long before you lose the wobble elsewhere!
Fat reduction is the reduction of stored body fat.
A chemical peel is an acidic solution, which is applied to the affected parts of your skin. On penetrating the skin, the solution destroys dead skin, unclogs pores and makes way for new skin to regenerate.
Acne is a long-term skin condition that occurs when the sebaceous glands (oil-bearing glands) in the skin, due to reasons such as hormonal changes, start producing more sebum (oil), or gets clogged due to the accumulation of dead skin cells and oil.