In this article we will look at:
- How is ultrasound procedure for fat reduction performed?
- Are there any side effects of ultrasound for fat reduction?
- Are there any guidelines to follow after an ultrasound procedure for fat reduction?
- How long will it take to recover after undergoing a session of ultrasound procedure for fat reduction?
- Am I an ideal candidate for an ultrasound procedure for fat reduction?
- What is the price/cost of ultrasound treatment for fat reduction in India?
- Are the results of ultrasound treatment for fat reduction permanent?
- More Related Topics
You can click on any of the links above to navigate to the section of your interest.
How is ultrasound procedure for fat reduction performed?
This process involves targeting fat cells in your body with low-frequency sound waves. The fat cells are destroyed without any tissues, muscles, or organs getting damaged. This treatment is quite effective to treat fat deposits on the face, chin, abdomen, inner/front or outer/back thighs, buttocks, and back.
Are there any side effects of ultrasound for fat reduction?
Some mild side effects that you may experience after undergoing the procedure are:
- transient redness of the skin
- increased thirst
- a slight headache
- a decreased appetite
Are there any guidelines to follow after an ultrasound procedure for fat reduction?
Some guidelines after undergoing the ultrasound procedure for fat reduction include:
- Drinking plenty of water before and after the treatment which will help eliminate the broken fat cells. It is advisable to abstain from carbohydrates and go for a low-calorie diet after the treatment, which your system can easily metabolize.
- You will be advised to refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol for 3 to 5 days after an Ultrasound (Cavitation) procedure.
- It is recommended that you go for a lymph drainage to your therapist three to four days later which is a 20-30 minutes process.
How long will it take to recover after undergoing a session of ultrasound procedure for fat reduction?
There is no downtime after this procedure. You can rejoin work immediately after an ultrasound procedure for fat reduction. In rare cases, mild discomfort or swelling may occur.
Am I an ideal candidate for an ultrasound procedure for fat reduction?
You are an ideal candidate for an ultrasound procedure if you:
- are looking to remove bulging fat from specific areas of your body
- are not obese
- are not pregnant or nursing
- are not prone to severe bleeding tendencies
- are not suffering from medical conditions such as coronary heart disease, circulatory problems, or any liver disease,
- do not have any metal implants, which are active in your body such as a pacemaker, defibrillator, cochlear implant, or diabetic pump. If you have removed any such implants, it is advisable to let your doctor know in advance.
What is the price/cost of ultrasound treatment for fat reduction in India?
Cost of ultrasound for fat reduction can vary depending upon the city/locality, clinic/hospital type & amenities, experience of the provider, the technology & material used, body area for treatment etc.
Please consult your doctor to get the exact treatment plan and price quote suiting your unique needs.
Are the results of ultrasound treatment for fat reduction permanent?
Results are considered to be permanent in the areas that have been treated. However, if you do not maintain your weight, chances are the fat will start accumulating in other areas which might not be very appealing.
A reasonable diet coupled with a consistent level of physical activity which includes exercising will guarantee permanent optimal results.
More Related Topics
People interested in this topic also see:
- Fat Reduction Overview: Procedures, and Cost
1. Zhou B, Leung B, Sun L. The Effects of Low-Intensity Ultrasound on Fat Reduction of Rat Model. 2018. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5587957/. Accessed March 1, 2018.
2. Saedi N, Frank M. High-intensity focused ultrasound for noninvasive body contouring: current perspectives. 2018. Available at: https://www.dovepress.com/high-intensity-focused-ultrasound-for-noninvasive-body-contouring-curr-peer-reviewed-fulltext-article-RRFU. Accessed March 1, 2018.
3. Moreno-Moraga J, Valero-Altés T, Riquelme A, Isarria-Marcosy M, de la Torre J. Body contouring by non-invasive transdermal focused ultrasound. 2018. Available at: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/lsm.20478/full.Accessed March 1, 2018.
Questions answered by trusted doctors
Did you know?
Muscle building burns body fat
It is not possible to turn your body fat into muscle. Fat is fat and muscle is muscle—you can't magically turn one into the other by lifting weights or doing cardio. However, weight training is the easiest way to control the shape of your body. The more muscle you have, the more fat your body will burn.
Very low fat levels are not healthy
Fats are responsible for hormone production, joint lubrication, and many other important health and muscle-building factors. Having very low fat levels could compromise your health and your goals. Everyone's body and metabolism is unique, therefore it is crucial to know how many grams of healthy fat you need to eat for a balanced nutrition regimen.
Breasts are composed entirely of fats
Female breasts are composed almost entirely of fat which is one reason why, when dieting, they tend to reduce in size long before you lose the wobble elsewhere!
Mesotherapy involves injecting microscopic quantities of a variety of pharmaceutical agents, extracts of plants, homeopathic agents, and vitamins into the mesoderm, which is the layer of fat and tissue beneath your skin.
Breast cancer occurs when healthy cells of breast tissue change and may begin to grow out of control which can appear as a lump within breast tissue. Breast Cancer Treatment includes chemotherapy, radiotherapy,surgery depend on the type of cancer.
Dialysis is a procedure in which the blood is filtered mechanically without the help of the kidneys. If the kidneys are not functioning properly then Dialysis will take over the function of the failed kidneys.