How is ultrasound procedure for fat reduction performed?
This process involves targeting fat cells in your body with low-frequency sound waves. The fat cells are destroyed without any tissues, muscles, or organs getting damaged. This treatment is quite effective to treat fat deposits on the face, chin, abdomen, inner/front or outer/back thighs, buttocks, and back.
Are there any side effects of ultrasound for fat reduction?
Some mild side effects that you may experience after undergoing the procedure are:
- transient redness of the skin
- increased thirst
- a slight headache
- a decreased appetite
Are there any guidelines to follow after an ultrasound procedure for fat reduction?
Some guidelines after undergoing the ultrasound procedure for fat reduction include:
- Drinking plenty of water before and after the treatment which will help eliminate the broken fat cells. It is advisable to abstain from carbohydrates and go for a low-calorie diet after the treatment, which your system can easily metabolize.
- You will be advised to refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol for 3 to 5 days after an Ultrasound (Cavitation) procedure.
- It is recommended that you go for a lymph drainage to your therapist three to four days later which is a 20-30 minutes process.
How long will it take to recover after undergoing a session of ultrasound procedure for fat reduction?
There is no downtime after this procedure. You can rejoin work immediately after an ultrasound procedure for fat reduction. In rare cases, mild discomfort or swelling may occur.
Am I an ideal candidate for an ultrasound procedure for fat reduction?
You are an ideal candidate for an ultrasound procedure if you:
- are looking to remove bulging fat from specific areas of your body
- are not obese
- are not pregnant or nursing
- are not prone to severe bleeding tendencies
- are not suffering from medical conditions such as coronary heart disease, circulatory problems, or any liver disease,
- do not have any metal implants, which are active in your body such as a pacemaker, defibrillator, cochlear implant, or diabetic pump. If you have removed any such implants, it is advisable to let your doctor know in advance.
What is the price of ultrasound treatment for fat reduction in India?
The price of ultrasound for fat reduction in India is Rs.2000 to Rs.3000 per session.
Are the results of ultrasound treatment for fat reduction permanent?
Results are considered to be permanent in the areas that have been treated. However, if you do not maintain your weight, chances are the fat will start accumulating in other areas which might not be very appealing.
A reasonable diet coupled with a consistent level of physical activity which includes exercising will guarantee permanent optimal results.
1. Zhou B, Leung B, Sun L. The Effects of Low-Intensity Ultrasound on Fat Reduction of Rat Model. 2018. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5587957/. Accessed March 1, 2018.
2. Saedi N, Frank M. High-intensity focused ultrasound for noninvasive body contouring: current perspectives. 2018. Available at: https://www.dovepress.com/high-intensity-focused-ultrasound-for-noninvasive-body-contouring-curr-peer-reviewed-fulltext-article-RRFU. Accessed March 1, 2018.
3. Moreno-Moraga J, Valero-Altés T, Riquelme A, Isarria-Marcosy M, de la Torre J. Body contouring by non-invasive transdermal focused ultrasound. 2018. Available at: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/lsm.20478/full.Accessed March 1, 2018.
Breast augmentation/enhancement surgery is a procedure which increases or restores the size of breasts using fillers such as silicone gel implants, saline implants, and in some cases through fat transfer.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment or photorejuvenation, a non-invasive and non-surgical skin treating procedure has completely changed the face of skin treatment (pun intended).
Acne is a long-term skin condition that occurs when the sebaceous glands (oil-bearing glands) in the skin, due to reasons such as hormonal changes, start producing more sebum (oil), or gets clogged due to the accumulation of dead skin cells and oil.