Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Mohan Chand

Dr. Mohan Chand

Profile is claimed

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics




19 Years Experience Overall  (15 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

100% (18 votes)


3 clinics for General Consultation

General Consultation
Joint Replacement
Curettage Bone
Search procedure

Preet Vihar, Delhi

BR Ortho Centre


House No.18, Street no. 1, East Angad Nagar, Nirman Vihar, Preet Vihar, New Delhi, Landmark: Behind Telephone Exchange Laxmi Nagar., Delhi

Get Directions

Mon - Sat

11:00 - 01:00
06:00 - 08:30


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.


Awards and Recognitions

Hemiarthoplasty In Comminuted Proximal Humeral Fractures - 2004
Hip And Knee Arthroplasty In Black Bone Diseases - 2015


MBBS - Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Ranchi, 2000
MS - Orthopaedics - Central Institute of Orthopaedics, 2004


Delhi Orthopedic Association
Indian Orthopaedic Association
Indian Arthroscopy Society
Indian arthroplasty


2004 - 2007 Sr Residency at Sport Injury Centre Safdarjang Hospital


29914 Delhi Medical Council, 2006
Report an Error