Yeast Infection

Hello Doctor, I have been suffering from yeast/fungal infection under my bikni line since 2 weeks. It was less before 2 weeks now it has grown up. I tried applying coconut oil regularly after bath and before sleeping but it is working bil slow. I feel so itchy that could not control sometimes. I had been to Paris for 2 weeks and weather was quite cool so I assumed that it might be due to dryness of skin and eating sugary things. Please help me to get rid of this infection. Thanks.
views-icons 94 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Yeast Infection

Hi. Greetings. Fungal infection is quite common.This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps.
Fungal infection is becoming an increasing problem due to rampant usage of antifungals. Please see a dermatologist as some extra medications are coprescribed many a times to treat. If needed a simple skin test can also be done. Till then use only OTC anti-allergic medications to control itching. Personal hygiene should be good. Wear loose fitting clothes. Dr MK Agarwala