Wounds and fractures

A day before i slipped my bike and got hurt on the knee... since then its a bit painful to move my leg around.... I have been to a doctor.. she said that its not a big issue and gave me a tetnus injection,capsules and an ointment... I am worried if its a fracture or its just that my wound stretching and contracting ( when i move my leg) causing me pain.. Please tell me what it is and will these medicines be enough thanks....

Doctor Answers (3) on Wounds and fractures

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Yes you are being treated properly and you do not need to be in any doubt. To rule out any fracture, you can get a xray done. But from the picture it looks like the wound is getting stretched and which is causing pain. For faster healing and pain management, you can take a tab. Rutoheal -D twice a day after food. Deink lots of water. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Be careful and ride slow
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...I can understand your concern. You can trust the doctor you have visited previously. They are treating you correctly only. The wound will be painful for a few days, till the inflammation all comes down. If there was a fracture there would have been altered movements. If you are still apprehensive about a fracture, then get a x ray done and consult a orthopedic.
Dr. Anil B Sheth Ahmedabad | General Physician
Hello there, AS u had been to a qualified Dr. n she checked yr injury,in advised acco. u shud trust yr DR.It looks like from the pct that it is due to injury that u r having pain on stretching the leg.As it is a wt bearing jt u may feel more pain when u stand n walk To make sure whether there is Fracture or not one has to get X ray done.