Wisdom Tooth Pain Problem

Dear All, I am having a killing pain in my left wisdom lower tooth. The tooth is totally erupted now and having a slope cavity inside it. I went to dentist today afternoon and consulted with them they suggest to extraction of wisdom tooth and gave one high dose tablet to overcome pain. But now it have been 6 hrs but not get any relief from of that tablet. Extraction will be tomorrow in the evening .I am not even eat food but also not able to drink water. Pain was started yesterday. Though not able to sleep as well for one hr. Can someone advise me what to do in this condition now. Pain is killing me. Please please. Thank you Sunil

Doctor Answers (6) on Wisdom Tooth Pain Problem

You can visit your dentist and you can ask for 1 intra muscular voveran injection it will relieve your pain
Dr. Mayank Shah Varanasi | Prosthodontist
Dear friend u can try a few things
1.apply painout an ointment over it
2.take Ketorol Dt tds medicine
3.warm saline gargle 3-4 times day

Since it is decay case chances of infection are more so it is obvious to have an antibiotic.
Go for extraction as soon as possible it willl relive you from all the problems

dear practo user,as u mentioned there is unbearable pain,may b due to infection or due to food lodgemenet in that area.extraction will give u permanent relief.
take dolonex. DT two tab stat for pain control
take colddd water n keep it at that area for few seconde,repeat it many times until u get relief.
Sunil,  i think there's some infection in your decayed wisdom tooth hence only pain killers are  not helping you. 
What you should be doing is call up your dentist & he will recommend you an antibiotic which you will have to take in combination with the painkiller.  There are chances that even that will not help immediately after one dose but be patient & continue with the medications.
I will not be able to prescribe you anything here cos I don't know your full medical history so pl contact your dentist & get the prescription from him.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for posting your concerns. Don't worry you will be alright after removal of that teeth. All is well.
Dr. Asha Praveena Bangalore | Periodontist
Gargling(rinsing your mouth) with warm salt water at regular intervals may give you little relief. Try contacting your doctor , they may prescribe an antibiotic in addition to the pain killer which will reduce the load of infection.