Wisdom tooth infection

I am having wisdom tooth infection on my lower left side. I am taking pain killer and antibiotics. My jaw is locked, cannot eat anything. Problem while swallowing as well. Its day 5, and its still getting worse. This morning my ear is also paining. Dentist did some cleaning of the tooth, told that it will be fine by Monday. But there is no sign of improvement. Jaw not able to open to the point that taking medicine is difficult as well. Pain killer- keterol dt Antibiotic - augmentin 625

Doctor Answers (7) on Wisdom tooth infection

Yes. Please take lot of fluids. And approach a surgeon n get it removed.. oral n maxillofacial surgeon.
Hi You need to seek a oral and maxillofacial surgeon who will do a forced opening of jaw and remove the wisdom teeth. The thing will take another 3-4 days to recover after the procedure . It's in a urgent situation now and you should seek the surgeon ASAP Regards
I guess...now medicine is not enough...u need to get rct or extraction done to relive the symptoms..in dentistry medicine is only adjunctive n not the only treatment.regards.dr.sushma patne
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
Yes it is a matter of concern, since you have pain and unable to eat. Since you are already on antibiotics it would be better you seek an opinion from a surgeon.
OPG X-ray and oral surgeon opinion
prolonged use of antibiotics may aggravate the existing acute infection.
Take tab chymoral forte 1 tab tds 1 hour before meal for 3 days
Hi get an OPG done that is full mouth X ray,and consult your dentist,guide you for further treatment,according to your complaint it needs to be removed.Good luck.
Dr. Abhishek Pawaskar Mumbai | Orthodontist
Get the necessary radiographs done after a consult with the dentist , ideal way out is an extraction of wisdom tooth , but a judgement can be made only after the X-ray .