Wisdom tooth gum problem

The gum flap over my lower left wisdom tooth is half torn from eruption and has been sore since a few days because of friction from the top wisdom tooth. There is also the problem of food getting stuck in that area. I've been spitting out blood after brushing and rinsing since a few days, but I'm not sure if it's from the same area. I've been eating from the right side and rinsing with warm salt water for the time being. Is there a non-surgical way to remove the half-torn gum flap over my wisdom tooth? This tooth is straight and has been trying to erupt since a few years now, with occasional pain and discomfort. My previous dentist would use an acid-like liquid medicine to gradually burn the gum over it to help it come in, but I'm in another city now (Chennai) and looking for a dentist to use the same method.

Doctor Answers (4) on Wisdom tooth gum problem

If removal of gum tissue has not aided you till now for the eruption..then that means there is no space probably in your jaw to accommodate it..it will go on giving you issues kindly get it extracted as the permanent solution..
Hi. These temporary solutions of gum removal may not help in long run. If your tooth has not come out completely in last six months it may not come out. So give this a last try of removing just a gum on your wisdom tooth. If the problem recur, go for removal of your wisdom tooth.
Hi.. removal of gum flap is just a temporary solution. Go for wisdom tooth extraction for permanent solution. Regards
Dear friend, you can get this gum flap removed by LASER.I am sure you will get quite a few dentist in Chennai to do this.