Wisdom teeth
Hello, I am having wisdom teeth pain past 2 days and I see this teeth not grown vertical instead it is horizontal (lying position). Do I have to remove this teeth? Is it mandatory? If not removed will it cause any side efforts? Removing the teeth will cause any nerve problems? Can you please suggest?

Ok, you can consult on my page, as u need oral Medicine specialist consultation for its Diagnosis and timely treatment. Myself MDS oral Medicine specialist from most eminent govt dental colege, MAIDS/ MAMC delhi. I will take a detailed history, advice and medicate you accordingly. Thanks

Talk to experienced dentist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

Consult with a dentist
Ur tooth as per ur description is horizontal. Such wisdom teeth usually take support of adjacent teeth or try to clear the path of coming out by destroying ur adjacent tooth. Such wisdom teeth are never going to come out plus they might always destroy adjacent tooth along with surrounding bone causing weakening of ur lower jaw. It is always best to get it removed as early as possible. There are usually no side effects of removal until unless it is very very close to the nerve. That probability can be ruled out by an opg /full mouth x ray
visit oral and maxillofacial surgeon for the procedure
Hi, I think its better to get it removed without a second thought as its causing discomfort and which will later lead to inflammation of particular area and can further cause malocclusion, disfigurement of adjusent tooth structure, caries and many other trouble to other teeth in oral cavity.
Antibiotics and pain killer after extraction and from the next day you can start gargles with normal saline or lukewarm water to subside the inflammation.
Maintenance oral hygiene by brushing twice daily, do flossing, mouth rinsing with mouthwash.
First go for opg xray Go for extraction of wisdom teeth. All procedures have pons and cons don’t worry go ahead.
Hi  , Pain in the wisdom tooth region due unerrupted or angulated wisdom tooth is a commonly seen problem. Yes in these cases a surgical removal is advised. If not removed the teeth may continue to cause the same problem time and again , also in some cases it causes decay in the adjacent tooth since that area is not easily cleansable. One can suggest abt the nerve only after looking at the x ray / opg. However even if the tooth is close to nerve there r techniques to carefully remove it vdout damaging the nerve. So don't be scared about the procedure.
Consult an oral and maxillofacial surgeon
don't apply pain balm or hot fomentation at the cheek or neck region