Will i be alright?

Hello respected doctor 30 days back I've met one of my friend who returned from U.S and he explained me about weed saying me it is legal and good for health for cleaning tar from lungs and asked to smoke 6-7 puffs and ever since then am not at all feeling good, I am feeling extreme depression and memory problems i am not at all like how I used to feel like before, has it permanently damaged my brain? Sometimes i go into depression and extreme depression and feel am soo alone nothing is good with me, Do i need a M. R. I scan? Can i be alright? I am on B. P medicines met xl 12.5 since a year can you please help me let me know whats wrong with me? I feel something is in my brain.. I, want my old life back :(

Dr. Bevin S
Psychiatrist 11 yrs exp Madurai

Well using weed can produce all sorts of mental health issues. The mood symptoms you are experiencing maybe part of that too.
kindly stop taking weed immediately. consult a psychiatrist who can guide you through the process.
Avoid being alone.Be with friends and family. Maintain your regular work and schedule. Don't skip food. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any. Kindly don't spoil yourself. It is now or never.
Dr. (COL) RAMADUGU SHASHIKUMAR
Addiction Psychiatrist 18 yrs exp Pathankot

you seem to have been addicted to cannabis that is weed the symptoms are indicative of that it is a treatable condition you are likely to respond well as it has been just a while that you have been on it
visit a pasychiatrist for detailed assesment and management
stop using weed altogther at once