White tongue
I have had a white tongue for a long time. I try my level best to clean it while brushing my teeth twice a day but there is no difference. What should I do?

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..There are lot of factors for white tongue and the most common being candidal infection. But a pathology test is recommended before using any antifungal lotion on tongue. My advise is you visit a dentist or a ENT specialist and then only start medicines. Regards
Shashank Uniyal
Prosthodontist 8 yrs exp Kottayam
A non scrapable lesion on tongue is not a common finding. Difficult make a diagnosis just based on this sign. Please visit a dental surgeon or ENT surgeon for a confirm diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. Mukesh K Asrani
Oral Medicine and Radiology 12 yrs exp Ahmedabad
Hello, getting the tongue white is not a common problem and there are many causes for that. You can post a clear photograph of your tongue so that we can help. Much better way would be to visit an Oral Medicine specialist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. Seema Kundra
Dentist 27 yrs exp Ludhiana
There are many reasons for white tongue 1 could be bacterial 2. Could be Candida . In first case using the tongue cleaner i.e scrapping tongue with the tongue cleaner will help In second case using candid lotion on tongue along with using the tongue cleaner will help