White patch on skin

Just recently since two weeks have noticed a slight white patch on my knee skin. Did consult a GP today but he says it does not look any serious concerns at this stage but to keep a watch if it grows then it could be vitiligo. I have no family history of any skin cancer or vitiligo. And also I have no other patch currently other than on my knee (left leg). If I vaguely remember, I would have seen this small tiny patch one year ago, but thought it was my shave razor mark. So noticed it again, sure pretty sure since one year it has grown in double size. The GP did not provide any medicines as said there is no medical treatment to it. Picture enclosed for easy reference. Please advise. Please advise. As it's a concern. So wanted a skin specialist opinion.

Doctor Answers (1) on White patch on skin

Thanks for the query. This could be related to a skin disease called Vitiligo. It is easily diagnosed by a dermatologist and if needed a blue light (Wood's lamp) examination is used to understand it better. Kindly consult a skin specialist. Other skin conditions and close mimickers can rarely confuse a diagnosis of Vitiligo. Vitiligo has excellent treatment options and can be cured provided the patient sticks to the recommendations.
Meet a Dermatologist.
Avoid self medications.