Which type of Crown

Need to know the best type of crowns for teeth that are available in Mumbai. Have been reading on Gold crowns but not sure if there are dentists who fit the same?

Doctor Answers (2) on Which type of Crown

Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
The various types of Crowns include metal Crowns, metal ceramic Crowns, and zirconia Crowns..... because you are based in Mumbai, I am pretty sure all sorts and varieties of Crowns will be available with your local dentist, including the cheapest ones and the best ones.....
as for the gold Crown that you are enquiring about, these days Japanese gold is being used which is not a durable material.... pure gold Crowns are still manufactured and to the best of my understanding, only one lab, that too in Kerala, is catering to this requirement..... Dentcare Lab is the name and it's executives must be visiting the dentists in Mumbai and you can enquire about those Crowns from them..... they will give you a certificate of authentication about the actual gold weight and the wastage charges just like any gold ornament..... the fabrication charges will be separate....
Dear sir. Depending upon your affordibility and location of the tooth in a particular area of jaw you could opt from metal crowns, ceramic crowns or zirconia crowns.

Earlier days crowns were made of pure crowns. But its substitude is available as japenese gold crowns. But they are very economical but also wear out too fast.

With regards
Sunshine Dental Care

Dr. Syed Parveez Ali
http://goo.gl/1Q1OrZ