Weight loss

Hi, i am unable to increase my weight above 35kgs. I have sneezing problem due to dust and cold mornings. I have vomiting at times after having food but its quiet rare. How much ever i try to follow strict diet to increase my weight it doesn't increase above 35kgs at all. Inbtw i loose weight but never gain above 35kgs. Please suggest me some tablets or protein powder or biscuits which could help me increase my weight.

Doctor Answers (2) on Weight loss

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
It would have been better if you had posted your height also, so that we could have estimated ideal weight for your height. As you know few people have very high basic metabolism rate. It will be difficult for them to gain weight. Also one should remember gaining weight and losing weight is a very gradual process. It will a lot of time, patience and determination. You must follow a healthy diet and exercise schedule. Start having food rich in proteins like pulses, soyabeans, vegetables, fruits, egg whiteboiled , boiled chicken. Regarding exercises, start cycling or swimming, whatever you are comfortable with and enjoy most. Along with it try doing high bar excercises. You can also visit a dietician for further queries regarding diet. If vomiting occurs repeatedly then consult a gastroenterologist soon for evaluation of malabsorption disorders.
Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi...i advise you to take daily egg, the egg white is rich in protein and the yellow portion is rich in cholesterol,if you are a non vegetarian consuming weekly twice meat is a good option....try to include diary products like panner, cheese, ghee, butter,shirkand in your diet...try to include foods like avocado,banana,peanut butter,potatoes,prawns etc. Try to include fish,carrots,sprouts,chicken in your diet which contributes to vitamins and proteins....Some times certain GE infection can lead to malnutrition, so getting rid of it will itself improve your weight. Hormonal imbalance can also be a cause, taking that supplements can improve the weight..  consult a physician for further management