Weight gain

My height is 5'11" and weight is 60kg.I am doing zym regularly for like 3 months and want to continue for year.I want to gain 10 - 15kg . So doctors can you tell me in how many months i can gain this amount of weight?

Doctor Answers (2) on Weight gain

Dr. Tejender Kaur Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Weight gain is a slow an steady process.
Healthy muscle gain is what is required at your age.   A balanced diet will promote muscle  and over all development. In case of non-vegetarians, there are lots of option to select from. For pure vegetarians there are many combinations of foods that promote muscle growth. I do not favour protein supplements unless you are a sports person.    Pulses, Soya, cruciferous vegetables, dairy products and whole cereals promote muscle gain. Along side proper exercise and a healthy lifestyle aids in overall developmemt.
For tailor made diet plan feel free to contact me or register at http://ghkritediet.zest.md or drop in a mail at ghk.ritediet@gmail
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...I can understand your concern. Ideal weight for your height is around 73kgs. So you can gain about 10 to 12 kgs. But it is important that you gain muscle mass and not fat. as you know few people have very high basic metabolism rate. It will be difficult for them to gain weight. Also one should remember gaining weight and losing weight is a very gradual process. It will a lot of time, patience and determination. You must follow a healthy diet and exercise schedule. Start having food rich in proteins like pulses, soyabeans, vegetables, fruits, egg whiteboiled , boiled chicken. Regarding exercises, start cycling or swimming or gyming, whatever you are comfortable with and enjoy most. You can also visit a dietician and endocrinologist for further queries.