Weight gain

I am 20 years old i eat healthy foods include all kinds of veggies and fruit juices.I face a major problem of under weight.i weigh 40 kgs now which is very less for my age my height is 162 cm.I sleep 6-8 hours a day. I exercise regularly.please tell me how to gain weight

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight gain

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
The diagnoses are quite variable and may include reduced food intake, organic causes,or psychological disorders; however, among many older adults, no obvious medical cause can be identified. A variety of nonpharmacologic interventions may improve energy intake and lead to weight gain. In some cases, access to quality nutrition is the main issue. The most common approach to the treatment of weight loss among older adults is consumption of high-energy/high-protein oral supplements between meals as a means of increasing daily energy intake. The role for pharmacotherapy remains limited at present....Avoid junk foods,add extra calories to your diet,have 4 to 5 meals rather than large 3...add protein rich foods and healthy fats to diet for e.g..egg white...add fibre rich foods like green leafy veggies,carrots,Apple, etc. Add green tea to your diet .you have to eat more foods high in amino acids,calcium, zinc, iron, copper and regular exercise without failure......consult dietitian for further details