Weight Gain

Hi All, Can someone give me a proper diet plan to gain weight? Or before blindly following any diet plan , do I need to visit any doctor for that? I have been skinny for a long time and I think it's high time to make this correct or at least be in shape. Please help me with one good diet plan. Food choice - Veg Sometimes eggs also.

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight Gain

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
It would have been better if you had posted your height and weight so that we could have calculated the appropriate weight for you. Anyways as you know few people have very high basic metabolism rate. It will be difficult for them to gain weight. Also one should remember gaining weight and losing weight is a very gradual process. It will a lot of time, patience and determination. You must follow a healthy diet and exercise schedule. Start having food rich in proteins like pulses, soyabeans, vegetables, fruits, egg whiteboiled. Regarding exercises, start cycling or swimming or gyming, whatever you are comfortable with and enjoy most. You can also visit a dietician for further queries.