Week mental strength

My Brother has grown some strange unstable mind state which afraid him from conditions to which we called it superstitious by he find difficult to deal with such problems and he is tackling this thing since years but not able to recover from it rather has grown this fear and always remain unstable mind state and hereby unable to grow peace in him but he doesn't wan't to go for the medicines rather councelling and bringing him on track through words of confidence would be more effective even I also believe this. Are such problems very common among people? and whether it can be cured or not?

Doctor Answers (3) on Week mental strength

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Definitely there is way to deal thongs through counselling.  Do consult a Psychologist in your city and take your brother to express his feelings which is very important.  Because accepting as what he is ,Is the first step towards this process.
Dr. Vikas Khanna Delhi | Hypnotherapist
Going to a Counselor to evaluate and sort the issue is better advised. And since he is ready for that and not the medicines , psychotherapy may be more effective. Superstitions are common but when unman aged may lead to O.C.D or other issues.
get counseling done
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. 

I can understand your concern. 
They can can be dealt with.
These things are common but not to such extent.
You can find help with a psychiatrist. 
I would suggest you take him to a psychiatrist in person for further evaluation and management. 
He will counsell your brother and if required medicines will also need to be suggested.
Best regards.
Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Bangalore.