Mental Unstability

My brother got married 4 years back with this girl from newspaper matrimony add. After the marriage we started feeling that the girl is mentally unstable from her activities. Her parents never let her stay with my parents for a long time. She gotten these mood swings. She would be very normal at a time and get aggressive the very next moment. Somehow my brother could not figure out about her condition and planned a baby who is about 2 years now. For almost a 6 months she lived my parents after her delivery at her parents place. My parents observed her well - she used to make the 4 months old baby bath in open at night during chilly nights with cold water so many times. She attacked my dad to bite his hand once. Since it was about the baby, now my mom lives with my brother and her which she is does not like. She beats my mom for no reasons every now and then. She is getting violent as days are passing. She does not even listen to my brother. Kindly suggest what to do
views-icons 50 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Sugandha Gupta
Psychotherapist 11 yrs exp Delhi
As per the description provided by you it seems that there is a high possibility of mental illness in her. In the best interest of her, your brother, their child, and others in the family you should seek a consultation with a psychiatrist near you. The elders in your family can possibly convince her parents to also accompany in the visit to psychiatrist, so as to provide adequate history. I believe that the focus of consultation and further efforts should be towards accurate diagnosis and treatment of your bhabi, rather than a fault finding exercise. Necessary treatment along with care and compassion from caregivers and family members is possibly the best treatment for any person with mental illness. Hope this helps you..
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?