Ways to avoid pregnancy

We had unsafe intercourse. She is getting delay in her periods. She is afraid of pregnancy right now as we both are not planning any baby right now. Plz suggest something natural to get periods to avoid pregnancy immediately. Also she wants me to avoid using any precautions during intercourse.

Doctor Answers (3) on Ways to avoid pregnancy

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, FIrstly, get a urine pregnancy test done to confirm her pregnancy. If the result is negative then there is nothing to worry about. If it is positive then vonsult a gynecologist for further evaluation and management. For now, wait for her periods to arrive for the next 7 days. If the priods do not come then consult gynecologist. You can also visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in Green Park, New Delhi so that I can examine you better. You can mail your contact details to reach you.
Dr. Astha Jain Mathur Indore | Obstetrician
Dear Practo User,
First of all do pregnancy test at home, if it is positive , visit gynaecologist immediately.

Second , if it is negative then wait for at least 7 days from your expected period date and repeat it  , irrespective of result if you do not get your menses meanwhile,  visit a Gynaecologist.

She can use precaution in the form of pills / injections /intra uterine devices, if you don't want to use barrier contraceptive .
In case of emergencies like unsafe intercourse, i- pill should b used within 72 hrs, (but not to b taken repeatedly) There is no way to avoid pregnancy later than this.
Dr. Mamatha Devi S Bangalore | Gynecologist
First of all rule out pregnancy.
Just get a pregnancy card home and do the test with three drops of urine.
Irrespective of what the result is ....please visit a gynaecologist and discuss.
Get a scan done also...
A few blood tests also may be required.
So don't delay.