Missed period over 15 day

Hi, After having unprotected intercourse with my husband during 3rd day of my period, i took ipill to avoid pregnancy. After that i missed my period which was supposed to start on 24-25th of the month...It's been 15 days over and still i have not got my period. I consulted a gynaecologist and she prescribed me Meprate 10mg. I just want to know shall i wait without taking any medicine for my period to come naturally even though delayed...or i shall take Meprate 10mg to bring the menstruation cycle. If i take the medicine will there be any side effect of it. Will i have to always take the medicine to get my cycle. Please suggest what should i do ?

Doctor Answers (2) on Missed period over 15 day

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh Pune | Gynecologist
Misses periods is the common sideeffects of ipill. Don't take meprate as it would thicken ur internal lining which has already thickened by ipill causing further periods problem. Just wait u would eventually get ur periods as ipill has got a high success rate
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, why did you take ipill for intercourse on 3rd day of menses , its safe period . Fertility period is around 14 days prior to menstrual bleeding . that's unsafe period . Because of harmonal imbalance your have missed regular cycle.Its good to take mephrate which is medoxyprogesterone to regulate cycle. It cause withdrawal menstrual bleeding . you need not to take repeated doses of mephrate unless you stop taking ipill whenever you want. there are minor side effects which don't have to worry for.