Watery eyes, itchy eyes

I am facing the problem of itching in eyes from 2-3 weeks and sometimes water is also coming out from eyes after itching, and I also have the problem of sinus, so is it because of this or any other reason

Doctor Answers (3) on Watery eyes, itchy eyes

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello. I think you have allergic conjunctivitis. 1. Eye allergies, called allergic conjunctivitis, are a common condition that occurs when the eyes react to something that irritates them (called an allergen). 2. The eyes produce a substance called histamine to fight off the allergen. As a result, the eyelids and conjunctiva (the thin, filmy membrane that covers the inside of your eyelids) become red, swollen and itchy, with tearing and burning. The key to treating eye allergies is a. Avoid or limit contact with the substance causing the problem. B. Avoid rubbing eyes instead do cold compresses. C. Use antiallergic eyedrop like olopat eyedrop twice daily d. Lubricating eyedrop like flogel thrice daily e. Use mild steroid like flurisone in pulse dose in severe allergy this will help you I am very sorry dear to say that there is no medicine that can cure allergy. Only way is to stay away from all those things that you are allergic to. This is a provisional diagnosis. consult your ophthalmologist for detailed examination
Dr. Shahnawaz Kazi Mumbai | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Use antihistaminic drops and treat sinus problem properly.
Dr. Lokesh Jain Delhi | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Your symptoms are suggestive of Allergic Conjunctivitis , can be associated with sinus problem.
Consult near by ophthalmologist for further management.