Vitiligo treatment
I have the vitiligo from last 18 years, have taken several medical treatment but not effective. From last 3 years taking treatment by a Dermatologist the process of cure is stop last 1 year. Suggest any better and fast treatment of present for my disease.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Vitiligo is an immune system mediated skin disease which can be brought into remission by certain medications and life style changes. Now its believed to be a multi system disorder that can have other auto immune co-morbidities. A proper assessment to determine the presence and severity of these co-morbidities is needed. If you have tried medical therapy and not achieved desired results, you can consider suction blister grafts/non cultured melanocytes suspension, a sort of surgery performed for Vitiligo. Most of the patients do well if they stick to the recommendations. Kindly see a dermatologist for a treatment plan.
Dr. Amanur Rahaman
Dermatologist 5 yrs exp Kolkata
Need to know extent of disease, whether new lesions are coming or not. Depending on clinical status good amount of improvement is possible by topical treatment,oral treatment may be necessary if progressive. Other treatment options are NBUVB therapy, lastly stable unresponsive lesions can improve with surgery.