Vitamin d3

Recently my doctor prescribed vitamin d3 60K tablet once in a week, but after 2,3 days (after taking dose) i have gas problem in stomach. My Q is how to reduce vitamin d3 side effects. Pls suggest

Doctor Answers (3) on Vitamin d3

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. i can understand your concern, but d3 must 60k is a chewable tablet and usually doesn't cause any gastritis issue, you can take that and also instead of taking tablets go for vitamin d3 injections. in. uprise d3 6L is one such injection, in tablets you will be getting 60,000 International Units, but in injection, you will get 6 lakh International Units. the injection will be economical also for you as compared to the tablets. best regards, dr. Anil Kumar Jain
Vitamin D3 does not usually cause any gas problems Please don't worry
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there....vitamin d3 doesn't cause any any gastritis symptoms. It must be the preservatives used in the drug or the drug formulation (capsule). Or it could have been idiopathic. Try avoiding spicy foods, oily foods for the next few weeks. You can take pantoprazole 40mg, half hour before breakfast for 2wks. Also do not starve yourself for too long. Try having frequent short meals (4-5) instead of 3 big meals. Even after this if you still have the problem, you can consult a general surgeon for further evaluation.