Vitamin D deficiency
I am 20 weeks pregnant, my vitamin D levels are 5 (very less.).i am taking gemcal tab bd.can i take calcitriol sachets once weekly and vit d 6 lakhs IU once weekly? Does it harm me or my growing fetus? Plz reply to my ?

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh
Gynecologist 13 yrs exp Pune

Yes u can take 60,000 I u vit d satchets once a week. We in India face this problem because we don't go out in Sun. U can have less calcium because of that. U can take calcium with vit D
Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune

Thank you for your question. Your obstetrician is the best person to prescribe the correct amounts for you. Overdosing with Vit D has adverse effects on the fetus. If you have had 6 lac units already further doses should only be given after checking your levels again. Best wishes