Vasculitis

Pgi chandigarh docs figured out vasculitis and active choroditis in my right and left eye respectively.. They prescribed wysolone 60 mg and am antacid 150 from a week.... Will eye problem will be restored with treatment... Or i hv some of my vision blurr for ever..... Nd what will be the side effects of steroid that i m taking..... In a week i just feel some relax with intolerance to sunlight.... No improvement in vision yet... Will my eyes will restore previous vision of i hv to live with this blurry vision whole life.... I hv -4.75 myopia.... Am i eligible for lasik sufgery....

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello Forget about lasik ... concentrate on treatment of vasculitis and choroiditis Treatment of vasculitis is steroids which may last upto 2-3 months. There are many side effects of wysolone like acidity, peptic ulcer, bone weakness etc...but you need steroids...there is no other way
Y Siva Kumar
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 28 yrs exp Hyderabad
Unfortunately, both vasculitis and choroiditis are conditions that could leave behind some visual deficit. However, it is too early to estimate. The doctors treating you will keep this in mind. Steroids can cause some side effects, like increased susceptibility to infections, etc. I do not want to alarm you by mentioning all the possibilities. Stay in proper follow up with your doctor, you will be advised appropriately.