Valve Replacement

Hi, This is in regards to a confusion I have for my Dad's Heart Valve Replacement Surgery which is suggested by a Doctor of AIIMS(Dr UC Choudhury), Dad is sort of okay currently and does his daily chores, he is retired too. The only problem he is having is he can not walk much(not more than 400-500 matra). He is taking medicine from past 10-12 years but now as per doctor the medicina might not get the releif for him henc operation for replacement is required. Now, I just need an advice from experts like you all safe this operation is? Will the life be normal after ooeration? Do you see any sort of risk in valve replacement surgery(I guess that would be a bypass to replace 2 valves)? I request you to kindly help me and advice so that I can come to a conclusion and take a decision. Do let me know if you seek any information on the above case. Many thanks for reading and giving me time.

Doctor Answers (1) on Valve Replacement

Dr. Ashish Srivastava Noida | Cardiologist
Surgery would be the choice of treatment now with his symptoms
Risks would depend on other factors as well
Like other co morbidities heart function etc
Surgery is a big surgery and is recommended only when required and patient is symptomatic despite being on medications
He will be required to undergo CAG prior to surgery
Consult with me with all his reports
Dr Ashish Srivastava
General Physician & Clinical Cardiologist