Uterine fibroid

My wife has 1-intramural fibroid meas. 5.2x6.1x6.4cm seen in anterior myometrial wall at fundus and body regions, indenting the endometrium. 2-small subserosal fibroid meas. 2x1.6cm seen along the anterior wall at fundus region doctor prefer myomectomy through abdominal incision which is better for me hysterectomy or myomectomy any risks in myomectomy all my surgical profile is normal please advice me what is the recovery time

Dr. Mamta Pattnayak
Gynecologist 13 yrs exp Gurgaon

Hi, fibroid is of 5 cm size, you r only 32 yrs.so if needed means if fibroid giving you trouble then do Myomectomy that is by laparoscopy. No need to do hysterectomy.  Fibroid giving troubles means heavy Bleeding,  pressure symptoms mostly in this you may not have.
Dr. Sarika Dahiphale
Gynecologist 12 yrs exp Pune

Your age is only 32....  Are you having any symptoms regarding fibroid!? Talk properly about advantage, disadvantage  regarding both procedure to your doctor

Hello there..... In Myomectomy - fibroids are surgically removed from the wall of the uterus. This option is more popular for women who want to get pregnant. Women with large fibroids, or fibroids located in particular parts of the uterus, may not be able to benefit from this surgery.... Consult Gynecologist for further advice....