Using betamethasone

I am consulting skin problem from 3 months. Before I was using betamethasone cream on my face but at some point of time I feel my face is getting redder n redder My doctor said that you used very high steroid on your face but now what can I do with it. My face is always very red from cheeks there is no irritation or itching. When I go out it always get too much red i am using desowen lotion on it and emodel lotion for cleansing. I am too much scared about my facial skin condition because I always feel lack of confidence and sometimes I didn't even want to go outside. Please help me out with this situation.
views-icons 26 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Using betamethasone

Thanks for the query. You probably have topical steroid damaged facies. Betnovate is ultra potent steroid and not recommended for usage on the face. Long term usage makes the skin fragile, thin and prone to redness and burning. A proper treatment can be done with your cooperation and it may need few months to achieve that.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Apply Sunscreens regularly.