Urinary Tract Infection

My sister is getting recurrent UTI for the past 6 years(twice a year). She feels burning and pain in the Cervix and vagina(sometimes in urethra). There is urge of urination all the time and the pain becomes sharp at the time of urination. WE have consulted many doctors. The problem goes away after taking antibiotics but it comes back again after few months. CT Scan for KUB showed some minor issue with the urinary bladder and Culture of urine gives high count of Escherichia coli. When the infection is at peak, there is blood in the urine which varies from few drops to few ml. The antibiotics tried till now are nitrofurontoin, levofloxacin, amoxycilline and bactericin. She maintains proper hygiene. She was sexually inactive till last year and even after being sexually active he maintains proper hygiene but the infection is occurring again and again. Kindly suggest a solution. Really hopeless.

Doctor Answers (2) on Urinary Tract Infection

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
It's a deep problem  in immune system and hormones. Good news  is  that  it  can be  reversed. If you  really  want  to  know  the root cause of your problem,  please  read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health  feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..
Well I understand what he must be goin through...all the antibiotics given were apt to your condition. .I suggest you to increase the water intake.. continue your good hygiene habits...use a syrup like citralka..you need to drink it with one glass of water....get your blood sugars tested once..Consult a urologist...thank you