Urinary Tract Infection

Hello sir/ma'am. My wife has a sever urethral pain and we've been told that she is suffering with uti and recommended to take a syrup CITAL 10ml twice a day along with 2 glasses of water and a tablet FLAVOSPAS 3 times a day for 5 day's. I would like to know if it is safe to take those medicines or not and I would like to know if she can drink ORS and any specific diet to be maintained. It would be very helpful if someone helps me out. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (2) on Urinary Tract Infection

Dr. Gayatri Bala Juneja Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Get a urine routine and culture done.  She will have to be put on antibiotics.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
She can take ORS and medicines are safe...Drink plenty of water. Water helps to dilute your urine and flush out bacteria....Avoid drinks that may irritate your bladder.... Avoid coffee, alcohol, and soft drinks containing citrus juices or caffeine until your infection has cleared. They can irritate your bladder and tend to aggravate your frequent or urgent need to urinate...Regards.