Urinary tract infection
I was once diagnosed with UTI a year back and now also recently few months back again. In both the cases i took a strong anitbiotic for the issue. Recently again i seem to be getting similar issue and i want to avoid taking antibiotics. Can i instead take the alkalating syrups for this problem?
35 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Veena Vidyasagar
Gynecologist 35 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹250 for 24 hrs

You should get Urine routine examination done to confirm whether UTI is there or not. If it is, then only antibiotics should be started after giving sample for Urine culture. Then antibiotics can be changed as per the culture report. If UTI is present, only alkylating agents would not suffice.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.