Urinary incontinence
My mother in law is suffering from urinary incontinence. Her bladder leaks within fraction of minutes, she feels the pressure. Last night she even pissed in her bed and realised later. She has medical history, her utress was removed in 2005 because of excessive bleeding during periods. Please suggest !!!
105 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 27 yrs exp Pune
Thank you for your question. Your mother is suffering from urge incontinence relayed to a condition called overactive bladder. She needs to see a gynaecologist who can take a detailed urinary history and rule out an acute urinary infection first. She may benefit from learning pelvic floor exercises and with vaginal estrogen therapy. If you can find a urogynaecologist that is best so she can be taught to retrain her bladder to hold for longer periods. There are also some medicines that can help stop hr leaking in bed at night. Often patients require additional tests like ultrasonography to confirm they are emptying the bladder completely and another test called urodynamics followed by a cystoscopy to look inside the bladder if her problem does not settle with conservative measures. Best wishes
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.