Uric acid problem
Dear Doctor, My brother is getting some scars on his left hand and on recent consultation with doctor and after doing his medical check up everything was OK and the only possibility ruled out was check of Uric acid. Wanted to know that scars on left arm only CN be due to uric acid? As the area swollen pains on just a small touch.

Dr. Raviraj Francis (PT)
Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello there...well Uric Acid test is a very simple test why was it not done. Increased uric acid levels generally manifests in painful condition of small joints of hand and feet.... also there is not a strong co relation with increased uric acid levels and scars ... is it a scar or red rash? Since when your brother is getting it?? Does it appear after eating a particular food or after doing some activity? Dont worry it could be a reaction too....do get back to me with the answers and consult once with a Dermatologist too. Take care, Regards