animal-health-icon

Unsure about rabies

My dog just playfully bit me in my arm, there was no bleeding just a scratch which was red and swollen a bit the swell subsided the very next day but since then i am worried if i get rabies. My dog is 3 and 1/2 year old he usually stays with the street dogs but i have had it vaccinated when it was 3 month then again after 1 and 1/2 year and recently one month before it bit me i gave it a booster dose because it was bitten by a stray dog. It has been 4 days since it bit me the dog and me we both are absolutely fine and my dog is not showing any ill sign. But still i was worried and contacted a pharmacist he gave me a tetanus injection and said me not to worry since the dog was fine and it was given a booster dose few days earlier and also the worst part is there is no available stock of anti-rabies injection in my town not in govt hospital nor in any pharmacy. Should i worry about it.???

Doctor Answers (2) on Unsure about rabies

Dr. Prachi Kshatriya
4 yrs. of exp | Mohali | Veterinary Surgeon

INR 200 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
See if ur dog is vaccinated thn most probably rabies is nt an issue nd for the rabies the wound has be deep enf...but kindly consult a human doctor instead of a chemist coz ur dog has been bitten by a stray dog earlier...so I wud suggest u to meet any general physian if nt in govt hospital thn Pvt hospital...coz ur safety is always important
Dr. Praveen Dutt Sharma
12 yrs. of exp | Noida | Veterinary Surgeon

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Not really to worry. U can avoid Anti rabies as no bleeding was there, ur dog properly vaccinated, very good u had gone for T.T. As it's ur dog u can watch dog for further any period u want for rabies symptoms as recommended. Last but not least if u r not mentally satisfied, no option but to go for ur anti rabies anytime when u find it. Mental satisfaction is must. Thanks