Unknown Fear
Dear Sir/Madam, I have been feeling very much fear whenever I want to meet / talk. When the elder ones are scolding or else, I will fear like anything and my eyes will be rotating constantly for few minutes which I can't control myself. And also I am feeling unnecessary fear for which I can't express my own and feeling very awkward situation whenever my boss questions me. Can I have any solution for this unknown fear ?

Dr. Satish Ramaiah
Addiction Psychiatrist 14 yrs exp Bangalore

Your description suggests likely anxiety disorder which can manifest in different physical and psychological forms. It is common and treatable. In some people it is situation specific and can be associated with unnecessary automatic ruminating negative thoughts and behavior too. The cause can be miltifactorial like sometimes physical health or stress related or genetic etc. For mild to moderate anxiety Cognitive Behavior therapy, practicing mindfulness along with relaxation, meditation, yoga including good lifestyle choices is sufficient. For severe cases medicine is beneficial too. Please consult a psychiatrist for comprehensive assessment and to determine appropriate treatment / counselling

How to overcome unknown fear