Underweight issue

Hi All, I am 28yrs old and my height is 5'8" and my weight is around 50 kgs. Which is underweight as per my understanding. Physically I am lean but I don't feel and weakness or anything else. I eagerly want to gain weight. I eat 3 course meal in a day and in evening I eat some snacks. But after all my efforts there's no result. The interesting thing is my weight is not constant, sometime it becomes 45 KGS and then after few days it again retain back to 50 KGS. Please someone suggest me, what shall I do to gain at least an average weight as per my height and weight.

Doctor Answers (1) on Underweight issue

Fatima Radhanpurwala Navi Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hello,  to gain weight eat atleast 4 -5 meals per day.  You should incorporate more of fruits and vegetables. Consume more of milk, cheese, paneer,  eggs, chicken, fish.  Variation in weight can be due to dehydration also so drink more of juices which will keep you hydrated. You can do exercise like running, stretching to increase muscle strength.