UNDER-WEIGHT

My biggest problem is i don't feel hungry. Because of that I am underweight according to my age and height My height is 5'1". And also from last many years i occasionally suffer from constipation.

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani
Dietitian/Nutritionist 9 yrs exp Pune

U need to gain 10 KGS that too muscle not fat. It should be healthy weight gain .i can help u with same 4-5 KGS in month that too without medications or supplements or no dash and crash diet.there can be various reasons for not eating. Consult me for specific diet chart
Harisha N L

The diagnoses are quite variable and may include reduced food intake, organic causes,or psychological disorders; however, among many older adults, no obvious medical cause can be identified. A variety of nonpharmacologic interventions may improve energy intake and lead to weight gain. In some cases, access to quality nutrition is the main issue. The most common approach to the treatment of weight loss among older adults is consumption of high-energy/high-protein oral supplements between meals as a means of increasing daily energy intake. The role for pharmacotherapy remains limited at present....Avoid junk foods,add extra calories to your diet,have 4 to 5 meals rather than large 3...add protein rich foods and healthy fats to diet for e.g..egg white...add fibre rich foods like green leafy veggies,carrots,Apple, etc. Add green tea to your diet .you have to eat more foods high in amino acids,calcium, zinc, iron, copper and magnesium...do regular exercise without failure......consult dietitian for further details