Unable to fall sleep earl

I wish to form a habit of falling asleep early and waking up early. But how much ever I try, falling asleep before 2am or 3am is impossible. I just keep rolling on the bed. I kind of have formed a habit of sleeping late since a long time. How do I fall sleep early at the time when I actually want to sleep.

Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
General Physician 17 yrs exp Chennai

Most causes of Sleeplessness are due to wrong habits and the good news is that it is very very easy to cure them 1. You have to first have a natural circadian rhythm a. Try to go to sleep and get up at the same time every day. b. And Wake at the same time 2. Food a. Dont take Coffee or Tea after 6 PM b. Milk can be taken 3. Light a. Cover the windows and doors with curtains and avoid light b. Avoid watching TV lying in bed c. Avoid Mobile Phones / Tablets 4. Exercise a. Walk for 45 minutes after dinner b. Take a bath after that Hope you found the answer helpful. Try the above simple techniques for two weeks and let me know how much you have improved