Umblical hernia

I had open mesh repair surgery for umblical hernia one year back.. After 1 month i felt there is hardness of mess which is placed around navel.. Called surgeon n asked who told hardness will go away with time but till now that hardness is same like a lump which can be felt touching on navel.. Again called surgeon who asked if there s not pain then its not matter of concern n dnt care it.. As i hav did surgery at different city not possible to cunsult him directly.. So plz tell my what this hardness over mesh is?? Why it doesnt gone till now.. Although it doesnt cause any pain but i m worried if it indicate mesh failure of surgery.. Plz doc clear my dought..

Doctor Answers (1) on Umblical hernia

It is most likely to be granulation tissue These are scar tissues which form inside the body As long as there is no pain, you can wait If you are anxious, you can ask your doctor to order a scan and get it done