Umbilical Cord Hernia
Its 8+ months, I had my c-section delivery. I have lost all other fat except my stomach. It looks like 5-6 months pregnant. Recently I got to know that I have an anterior abdominal wall umbilical hernia with cystitis and PID. Please suggest if I do not get it treated , what will be the complications. If I will get it treated by surgery then I also want to know its impact if I plan my second baby after 2 years. Will it appear again? Is surgery the only solution of it?

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh
Gynecologist 13 yrs exp Pune

For umbilical hernia surgery is the only answer. If hernia goes on increasing, u will develop pain. Most if anterior wall hernia r not complicated. It's not an emergency to operate but then surgery is the only option
Dr. Himani Gupta
Gynecologist 12 yrs exp Navi Mumbai

Hi. Surgery is definitely indicated in your case. As for the rest of your questions, I advise you to consult with your Gynaecologist / surgeon and have a frank discussion. As each question requires detailed information and counseling. Have faith in your doctor, they will give you best advice based on your clinical condition