Typhoid fever

Hi I was recently diagnosed with typhoid fever ..I have been taking antibiotics for the past 4 days ..initially I was suffering from vomiting,diarrhea & high fever upto 103-but now vomiting has stopped & diarrhea has also stopped to certain extend but my main problem is my temperature is not going down even after taking medicine..the funny thing is right now my temperature is 102 but it feels like 98or 99 ..Initially I was relying only fruits,juice & ors because of vomiting but now I have started eating pulse and vegetables..Is it normal like in my case the temperature is 102 but feels like 99 ..also I have been taking plenty of rest .I feel better compare to past 4 days ..

Doctor Answers (2) on Typhoid fever

Dr. Gyaneshwar Ghaziabad | General Physician
In typhoid fever takes little more time to settle and it comes down in step ladder pattern. When disease gets controlled you feel better inspite of the fever.
Dr. Aseem Dewan Delhi | Consultant Physician
Yes.
This can happen as the illness resolves.