diabetes-icon
TSH level high
Hi, I have been eating throxine 50mcg since 6-8 months. Some time back i got it checked, TSH was as high at 5.56. So can u suggest me what to do? Should i increase the thyroxine intake?

Dr. Sheetal Aversekar
Diabetologist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

I suggest you wait for another 3 months. Repeat tsh. If its still high, you can increase the dose. However, you need to increase the dose if you are planning pregnancy. Meanwhile , make sure you aren't skipping any doses and ensure that you are taking the medicine early morning with a gap of atleast 45 minutes between intake of medicines and breakfast.