Trying to Conceive
Hi.. my friend is married for last 3.7 years but has not been able to conceive yet. She is also not sure about the ovulation cycle and has never planned in such way. She has slip disc injury in July 2014 and was on bed rest for 6 months. She is rigorously trying for a baby from last 7 to 8 months and gets intimated every alternate day. Should she consult a doctor? Does she have any infertility. Her height is 4'11 and weight is around 80. Also in the first month of marriage she took I-pill once. She had regular periods earlier but after marriage sometimes the period gets delayed by 8-10 days but have never missed or is irregular. Once she also told me that she took Mala-D capsule 2-3 times to before marriage delay her periods because of family functions. Can that be the issue as well?

Hello, They should try for at least one year to conceive naturally. Her body weight is more than her ideal weight. Irregular periods and sudden weight gain are common symptoms of PCOD. I would suggest that she should consutl a gynaecologist and get herself evaluated for PCOD and follow the medications to regularize her periods. Once her periods become regular, she can try conceiving again. However, since she is 31 years old, her egg quality might be poor. So she may equire IVF with egg donor. You can also visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in New Delhi for further evaluation. We are a network of 14 clinics located across India and Nepal. My clinic offers varied fertility treatments and services to help you have a baby. You can also share your contact details to reach you.

Talk to experienced sexologist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

+160
Chat with a sexologist
No Mala D is temporary solution...first thing you should know is- infertility means unable to concieve even after one year of unprotected regular Sex. If that's the case it may be due to numerous causes, in womens- it might be due to uterine abnormality,hormonal imbalance, fibroid in uterus,sometimes infection like T.B would have scarred fallopian tube which might be a cause,certain medications, obesity etc. In men- decreased sperm count, chronic alcoholism,smoking,obesity,premature ejaculation,medications, testicular infection or trauma etc....so get this things checked. You should know that there are 20 to 25% cases where the cause is unknown for infertility....As I already mentioned if you are not concieving for more than one year, you can try invitro fertilisation(IVF) technique which has a good sucess rate....kindly consult a obstetrician regarding this they will guide you further