Tooth pain when bitting

Due to road accident 6 months back, suffered a blow on upper front cutting teeth. It pains when bitting on food. No visible or xray damage.Dentist asked me to wait expecting to cure by itself. Should I still wait or get a root canal treatment? Plz suggest.

Dr. Sumanto Bagchi
Dentist 9 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, I am Dr. Sumanto Bagchi. I will try to answer your query. Trauma or injury to the teeth or jaw many a times result in pain which either gradually increase or decrease with rest and antiinflamatories. There few things you need to give attention to and recall. First when the unfortunate incident happened Was there any bleeding from your nose? Has the affected tooth become mobile  or is it still mobile ? Was there any swelling or bluish red boil that had developed in the gum over the tooth or has it developed now? Is the tooth sensitive to cold or hot? Has the tooth discolored? Getting answers for the above questions will actually provide a correct diagnosis for the clinician who can further decide on the line of treatment. If your answers are yes for most of above questions then in  general getting a root canal therapy done can possibly be the only solution to your problems. Thank you Regards Dr. Sumanto Bagchi