Pain in cutting teeth

Due to road accident 6 months back, suffered a blow on upper front cutting teeth. It pains when bitting on food. No visible or xray damage. Dentist asked me to wait expecting to cure by itself. Should I still wait or get a root canal treatment? Plz suggest.

Doctor Answers (2) on Pain in cutting teeth

Dr. Manav Kalra Delhi | Prosthodontist
look this is something where you'll really need to get a consultation.  I mean there's really no way of guessing without clinical and X-ray examination. all I can tell you is there is a conservative way to handle it if at all u have not damaged the teeth too much which is called dental bonding or composite bonding.  if not you need Rct and crown.  I suggest if you want to be sure get an independent second opnion. either ways don't worry.  this is all very routine stuff.  in fact I also have a broken front tooth which had to be repaired when I was much younger. 
hope this helps. 
Dr. Vimal Thareja Delhi | Orthodontist
If it has already been 6 months and you have pain, you probably need a root canal if possible...you need to get a fresh xray done to make sure there is no unfavourable fracture of the tooth...A fresh xray will confirm whether you need the rct or not.