Tooth extraction

I just had a molar teeth extracted from lower jaw, I want to know that is it necessary to do a teeth implant because I heard that other tooth will lean in the empty space and can cause problems in the future? Thanks.

Doctor Answers (2) on Tooth extraction

This is true. When there are no teeth, the adjacent teeth lean in to fill the gap. It is best to get a replacement as soon as possible. There are other ways of replacement as well, but implant is the most non invasive of them all.
Dear sir Greetings of the day! It is necessary to replace a missing tooth due to the following reasons: 1. Since it is a molar teeth it is very important in chewing. So if you don't replace it your chewing may be hampered. 2. Adjacent teeth may drift in the empty space. Also upper teeth may come lower than its position with time due to empty space. This may lead to sensitive adjacent & upper teeth. 3. Your bite may also be altered as teeth may start adjusting themselves. So you should go for an implant as soon as possible. I hope your query has been answered. Regards