Too much Hair Fall

Too much hair fall is making me tensed and stressed. I cannot think about other stuffd as this is always on my mind. Kindly help suggest wat to do.. Pls help...

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. FPB is an increasing problem in today's society. Hair care is a daily ritual shaped by age, gender and internal health. The treatment typically consists of topical lotion (Minoxidil). Based on the cause of hair loss, certain specific medications can also be started. It also depends on the age of the patient and if planning for conception or not. Various issues need to be decided before initiating the treatment. The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist. Hair fall treatment needs proper assessment to find the cause and to address it specifically. A trichoscan and trichogram are objective methods of assessment and is highy recommended, though it is difficult to find a clinic which offers that. Hair fall treatments consist of arresting the hair fall and subsequently adding density and improving the texture and quality. You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals.
Start on biotin supplements and food rich in iron content. Use a milder shampoo and consider frequent shampooing and conditioning.
You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement.